If you are joining a Park Trek tour there are a few things to note.
- Any healthy adult can participate in a Park Trek walking holiday. If you can walk upwards of 15 kilometres or more in a day, carrying a lightweight day pack, you will find our tours totally achievable.
- While we typically walk on well forged walking tracks, the quality and degree of difficulty can vary greatly. You may find some tracks rocky and lumpy underfoot, soft and sandy, or muddy and slippery.
- Sometimes there is the need to negotiate obstacles such as fallen trees, sections of scree or steep steps.
- Ensure you come along with, not only the right footwear, rain gear and clothing, but also the right frame of mind!
What you need to bring
- Clothing for the duration of the trip
- A comfortable pair of walking shoes (runners or flat-soled shoes will not suffice except as something you can wear after a day’s activity)
- Toiletries and any personal medication.
- Walking poles with a telescopic arm (if you are comfortable with using these).
- Other items relevant to specific trips will be detailed in trip notes sent to you prior to travel.